You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Hours are 9:30am - 6pm PST.
Must have an active CA or TX clinical license.
Position Purpose: Performs a clinical review and assesses care related to mental health and substance abuse. Monitors and determines if level of care and services related to mental health and substance abuse are medically appropriate.
- Evaluates member’s treatment for mental health and substance abuse before, during, and after services to ensure level of care and services are medically appropriate
- Performs prior authorization reviews related to mental health and substance abuse to determine medical appropriateness in accordance with regulatory guidelines and criteria
- Performs concurrent review of behavioral health (BH) inpatient to determine overall health of member, treatment needs, and discharge planning
- Analyzes BH member data to improve quality and appropriate utilization of services
- Provides education to providers members and their families regrading BH utilization process
- Interacts with BH healthcare providers as appropriate to discuss level of care and/or services
- Engages with medical directors and leadership to improve the quality and efficiency of care
- Formulates and presents cases in staffing and integrated rounds
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
License to practice independently, and/or have obtained the state required licensure as outlined by the applicable state required.
Master’s degree for behavioral health clinicians required.
Clinical knowledge and ability to review and/or assess treatment plans related to mental health and substance abuse preferred.
Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse utilization review process preferred.
Experience working with providers and healthcare teams to review care services related to mental health and substance abuse preferred.
- LCSW- License Clinical Social Worker required or
- LMHC-Licensed Mental Health Counselor required or
- LPC-Licensed Professional Counselor required or
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) required or
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP) required or
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure required
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.