You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Due to the commitment of this role, it does require an in-office presence in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Sr. Executive Assistant will serve as a key member of the C-Suite and play a critical role in enabling their executive's success. This individual will be the steward of the executive’s time and calendar, ensuring their days are free of administrative activities and organized in a way that optimizes their effectiveness. As the right hand to the executive, the selected candidate will manage inbound messages and requests and act as an extension of the executive inside and outside of Centene. Key to this individual's success will be his or her ability to understand what is mission-critical, manage multiple priorities, and own planning for and execution of complex events and business activities.
An effective Sr. Executive Assistant will develop a deep understanding of the executive’s stakeholders. He or she will think one step ahead to anticipate needs and risks and use precedent, knowledge, and instinct to deliver solutions and respond to requests, allowing them to focus on their strategic priorities, team, and external relationships. This individual must thrive in fast-paced and team-oriented environments with a passion and gift for logistics and operations. He or she must be inherently motivated and have extraordinary attention to detail. If the leader is successful, the responsibilities of this role will grow over time with an ability to take on more administrative and operational accountability.
• Prioritization of Objectives and Organization: Regularly partner with the executive to determine priorities and action against them. Flag potential barriers and offer solutions to maximize efficiency and alleviate as many administrative activities from their daily operations.
• Communications: Serve as the first point of contact for many of the executive’s inbound communications from various parties including Centene executive team members, Board members, and employees, and external stakeholders including government officials and the media. Prioritize and triage appropriately. Draft correspondences and ensure messages are error-free, reflective of her voice and point of view, and uphold the company’s reputation.
• Calendar Management: Own and manage the executive’s schedule and calendar of events, meetings, and other commitments. Continually prioritize and sequence based on goals and objectives.
• Meeting Preparation: Enable the executive’s optimal participation in meetings and interactions by providing the appropriate briefing and materials at the right time.
• Travel Coordination: Lead the planning and logistics of the executive’s travel schedule to include transportation, accommodations, and meals.
• Meeting and Event Planning: In partnership with others across Centene, organize leadership meetings, programs, and events. This may include owning the agenda and logistics, managing facilities, issuing information and invitations, coordinating speakers, preparing materials, and controlling the budget. While not frequently required, travel with the executive to key events as needed.
- A demonstrated ability to lead through ambiguity and work in a complex, fast-paced environment with many stakeholders and evolving priorities. Highly adaptable and flexible with strong multitasking and time management skills.
- An ability to effectively identify, manage, and escalate risks and issues as appropriate. Comfortable taking accountability and initiative while knowing when to manage up.
- Naturally gifted at managing complex logistics related to travel, events, and day-to-day operations
- An ability to work in person at Centene’s headquarters
- Ability to flex working hours and schedule as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 10+ years of Executive Administrative Assistant experience. Experience working in a large corporation (preferably a public company) handling a wide variety of complex and confidential situations.
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.