You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: The Regional Agency Manager supports Account Executives and Account Management Teams in assigned territories for small group, mid-market, and large group segments. This position assists with new business, renewal presentations and broker service issues pertaining to ancillary products.
***The Regional Agency Manager is a field-based position. Candidates must reside in or near Austin and, be willing to travel within the area regularly to be considered.***
- Meets or exceeds assigned annual sales goals and penetration of the Medicare book of business.
- Participates in product training with Sales Management for Health Plan’s commercial sales segments.
- Assists with supporting Health Plan’s General Agents and brokers in assigned territory.
- Develops best practices and work to implement those based on local market conditions.
- Reviews and responds to RFP’s, manages internal strategy and participates in major sales and renewal presentations.
- Maintains strong familiarity with competition, market environments, healthcare economics, etc.
- Maintains competitive analysis information and submits to sales management quarterly.
- Builds relationships with Health Plan sales and account management teams to increase new sales and penetrate Health Plan’s book of business.
- Travels to customer, finalist and presale meetings, and other cross-sale related activities.
- Submits Account Executive reports and ad hoc reports upon request and in a timely manner.
- Sales Experience
- Knowledge of the Broker/Agent Community
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experience. 2+ years of experience in Sales, Healthcare, Medicare, CMS Regulations and/or Management. Prior experience working with brokers/agents along with territory management experience is preferred. License/Certification: Active, valid and unrestricted State Life, Health & Disability license.
For Medicare/Commercial Solutions: Must have a valid driver's license. Travel: As a field-based role, a minimum of 80% of this role will take place in the marketplace. (Note: Working in an office or remotely within a home-based environment is not considered field-based work. Overnight travel maybe required based on territory/marketplace.
For Medicare/Commercial Solutions: License/Certification: Active health insurance license required or obtained within 90 days. Requires state insurance license required. Requirements vary state by state.
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.