You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
This is a remote position with up to 10% travel required. Preference given to candidates who reside in Maricopa County, AZ.
Position Purpose: Conduct review of delegated entities for compliance with quality, service performance and utilization, credentialing reviews and medical record audits. Perform community activities related to clinical initiatives such as health fairs and communicate with agencies and providers.
- Perform quality on site reviews of delegated entities, physician office/clinics, resolve quality issues, generate written summary of findings and follow up as directed by the Medical Director and/or Credentialing and Quality Improvement Committee (QIC).
- Document, investigate and resolve formal and informal complaints, risk management and sentinel events related to quality of care issues.
- Audit medical records, review administrative claims and analyze data and interventions for quality improvement studies and activities
- Function as the primary liaison between community resources/agencies and the company related to clinical initiatives and technical guidance.
- Schedule and chair meetings with delegated entities in accordance with their contract.
- Gather data and compile various utilization and quality improvement reports.
- Develop and implement Corrective Action Plans.
- Recommend changes/enhancements to the Quality Improvement policies and procedures.
- Identify best practices, research new processes and recommend program enhancements.
- Coordinate QIC activities and monthly meetings.
- Oversee the enforcement of contract terms regarding data submission for delegated entities.
- Participate in the development of reporting and data outcome reports.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. 3+ years of clinical, quality improvement or healthcare experience. 2+ years of experience in quality function in a healthcare setting.
License/Certification: LPN, LVN, RN, PA, or LCSW license required. CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) preferred.
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.