You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Perform internal audits, including the execution of strategic, operational, financial, and compliance risk-based audits.
- Execute risk-based audits evaluating SOX controls and processes for scalability, effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation strategies
- Assist in audit planning and wrap up of engagements
- Summarize potential audit findings and recommendations and assist in the consolidation of metrics and graphing
- Assist in communicating audit observations, recommendations, process improvement opportunities, and best practices and obtain management responses
- Monitor and report on the status and findings of audits
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field. 0-2 years of public accounting, internal audit, or related operational auditing or business experience. Medicare/Medicaid or health care industry and/or public company SOX testing experience preferred.
License/Certification: CPA, CIA and/or CISA preferred.
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.