You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Assists in managing the overall IT budget and assists with the financial planning process, including monitoring actual financial performance against budgeted and forecast expectations. Assists in analyzing, compiling, interpreting, and presenting financial data for budgeting and reporting purposes.
- Manages financial processes for IT including the development of budgets and forecasts and monitoring the actual versus budgeted amounts
- Develops integrated revenue / expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately
- Supports monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeting and forecasting
- Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management; develop models which aid decision-making
- Makes updates to financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts
- Reports on compliance of financial processes within assigned functional area
- Identifies key risks and opportunities to budgets and/or forecasts and provides timely and accurate periodic reporting
- Creates periodic and ad hoc reports including business unit reports that capture key financial measures of success
- Contributes to the identification and implementation of IT financial solutions that improve efficiency and effectiveness by eliminating, simplifying, and automating processes
- Reviews financial portion of business case submissions and maintain ownership of financial portion of business case template
- Maintains knowledge and keep abreast of applicable regulations and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 – 4 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
- One or more of the following skills are desired:
- Knowledge of Software Project Management
- Knowledge of Other: budgeting and forecasting techniques, as well as proficiency with financial statement analysis and projection on assets
- Experience with Data Management; Microsoft Office
- Experience with Other: advanced financial and business transactions, as well as translating complicated financial concepts into business practices
- Intermediate - Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Intermediate - Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate - Ability to work independently
- Certified Cost Accountant (CCA)-ICCAUS preferred
- Chartered Accountant (CA) preferred
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) preferred
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.