You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: The Health Benefit Representative (HBR) sells Fidelis Care products and services by first identifying membership growth opportunities in an assigned territory and then meeting or exceeding production goals by enrolling individuals in the appropriate Fidelis Care product. The HBR fully and thoroughly understands and is able to effectively explain, communicate, recommend and enroll individuals into the best product for their unique needs. In-depth knowledge of all Fidelis Care products, including “metal” products offered through the New York State of Health (NYSOH), Medicaid Managed Care, Child Health Plus, Medicare, MLTC, FIDA and HARP. Ability to answer product feature and benefit questions; compare and contrast Fidelis Care products and provider network of competing plans in assigned territory.
- The HBR interacts directly with individuals, first conducting a needs based analysis to better understand and recommend the best product for their unique needs. They educate individuals on healthy lifestyles, preventive care services and assist them through each step of the application and enrollment process.
- This position may represent Fidelis Care at various community events, marketing sites, and in an individual’s home. By virtue of understanding and serving the individual’s needs, they generate referrals from the individuals they have assisted for other individuals that may benefit from one of Fidelis Care’s products.
- The successful HBR also builds and establishes relationships within the community in order to find new opportunities and sites in their assigned territory. The HBR may routinely deliver presentations in order to educate and promote Fidelis Care products. This includes presentations to individuals, groups, providers, community based organizations and local businesses leaders.
- The HBR thoroughly and completely understands and regularly uses the Sales Force CRM as an activity tracking and lead/referral tracking tool, to manage appointments and follow up, manage their calendar and report on activity to their management. They also are fluent and can articulate the QCMI program, are knowledgeable of the provider networks in their territory and have a working knowledge of Fidelis Care’s care management approach.
- Field Based position Monroe County, NY 90% Travel and 10% Office/Hub.
- Occasional evenings and weekends.
Preferred Bilingual - English/SpanishEducation/Experience: High School diploma or GED, required. 2 to 5 years prior experience in managed care, sales, customer service or related experience preferred. Basic computer skills. Driver’s License may be required by some plans. Specific language skills may be required by some plans.Pay Range: $21.93 - $37.30 per hour
Centene offers a comprehensive benefits package including: competitive pay, health insurance, 401K and stock purchase plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off plus holidays, and a flexible approach to work with remote, hybrid, field or office work schedules. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include additional forms of incentives.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.