You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as an Intern at Centene. During this 12-week program, you'll learn more about Centene and how we're transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
This intern will help research, design, develop, and implement complex enterprise software solutions. They will collaborate closely with multiple internal stakeholders such as architects, developers, business analysts, data stewards, and subject matter experts to provide design, technical analysis, development/configuration, testing, implementation, and support expertise representing the interest of the business across the enterprise.
- Participate and contribute to the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Provide input on the overall solution design
- Learn how to build and test applications
- Participate in meetings with business partners to understand business needs
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement basic performance tuning
- AWS cloud technology knowledge or experience a plus
- Proficient with code development in one or more modern languages (e.g. Python, typescript, Golang, Java, C#)
- Understanding of Databases including SQL and No-SQL desired
- Able to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience using Git or similar source control and CI/CD tools
- Experience is application code logging/debugging
Experience/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in Computer Science or a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.