You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Oklahoma Complete Health, a Centene company, is committed to providing quality healthcare solutions to transform the health of Oklahomans.
At Oklahoma Complete Health, we are community advocates and change-makers in search of an inclusive culture grounded by our commitment to work-life balance, competitive compensation, and continuous career development. Join us and be a part of a collaborative, growing network of innovative thinkers delivering solutions at the local level.
Position Purpose: Performs a clinical review and assesses care related to mental health and substance abuse. Monitors and determines if level of care and services related to mental health and substance abuse are medically appropriate.
- Evaluates member’s treatment for mental health and substance abuse before, during, and after services to ensure level of care and services are medically appropriate
- Performs prior authorization reviews related to mental health and substance abuse to determine medical appropriateness in accordance with regulatory guidelines and criteria
- Performs concurrent review of behavioral health (BH) inpatient to determine overall health of member, treatment needs, and discharge planning
- Analyzes BH member data to improve quality and appropriate utilization of services
- Provides education to providers members and their families regrading BH utilization process
- Interacts with BH healthcare providers as appropriate to discuss level of care and/or services
- Engages with medical directors and leadership to improve the quality and efficiency of care
- Formulates and presents cases in staffing and integrated rounds
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
*Must reside in Oklahoma*
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 – 4 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
License to practice independently, and/or have obtained the state required licensure as outlined by the applicable state required.
Master’s degree for behavioral health clinicians required.
Clinical knowledge and ability to review and/or assess treatment plans related to mental health and substance abuse preferred.
Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse utilization review process preferred.
Experience working with providers and healthcare teams to review care services related to mental health and substance abuse preferred.
For Oklahoma Complete Health Only:
- LCSW- License Clinical Social Worker required or
- LMHC-Licensed Mental Health Counselor required or
- LPC-Licensed Professional Counselor required or
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (LMFT) required or
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHP) required or
- RN with behavioral health/psych experience - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure required
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.