You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Oklahoma Complete Health, a Centene company, is committed to providing quality healthcare solutions to transform the health of Oklahomans.
At Oklahoma Complete Health, we are community advocates and change-makers in search of an inclusive culture grounded by our commitment to work-life balance, competitive compensation, and continuous career development. Join us and be a part of a collaborative, growing network of innovative thinkers delivering solutions at the local level.
Position Purpose: Performs concurrent reviews, including determining member's overall health, reviewing the type of care being delivered, evaluating medical necessity, and contributing to discharge planning according to care policies and guidelines. Assists evaluating inpatient services to validate the necessity and setting of care being delivered to the member.
- Performs concurrent reviews of member for appropriate care and setting to determine overall health and appropriate level of care
- Reviews quality and continuity of care by reviewing acuity level, resource consumption, length of stay, and discharge planning of member
- Works with Medical Affairs and/or Medical Directors as needed to discuss member care being delivered
- Collects, documents, and maintains concurrent review findings, discharge plans, and actions taken on member medical records in health management systems according to utilization management policies and guidelines
- Works with healthcare providers to approve medical determinations or provide recommendations based on requested services and concurrent review findings
- Assists with providing education to providers on utilization processes to ensure high quality appropriate care to members
- Provides feedback to leadership on opportunities to improve appropriate level of care and medically necessity based on clinical policies and guidelines
- Reviews member’s transfer or discharge plans to ensure a timely discharge between levels of care and facilities
- Collaborates with care management on referral of members as appropriate
*Must reside in Oklahoma*
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor's degree or graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing and 2 – 4 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
Clinical knowledge and ability to determine overall health of member including treatment needs and appropriate level of care preferred.
Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations preferred.
Knowledge of utilization management processes preferred.
For Oklahoma Complete Health only:
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - State Licensure required or
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure required.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.