You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as a clinical professional on our Medical Management/Health Services team. Centene is a diversified, national organization offering competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Oklahoma Complete Health, a Centene company, is committed to providing quality healthcare solutions to transform the health of Oklahomans.
At Oklahoma Complete Health, we are community advocates and change-makers in search of an inclusive culture grounded by our commitment to work-life balance, competitive compensation, and continuous career development. Join us and be a part of a collaborative, growing network of innovative thinkers delivering solutions at the local level.
Position Purpose: Analyzes all prior authorization requests to determine medical necessity of service and appropriate level of care in accordance with national standards, contractual requirements, and a member's benefit coverage. Provides recommendations to the appropriate medical team to promote quality and cost effectiveness of medical care.
- Performs medical necessity and clinical reviews of authorization requests to determine medical appropriateness of care in accordance with regulatory guidelines and criteria
- Works with healthcare providers and authorization team to ensure timely review of services and/or requests to ensure members receive authorized care
- Coordinates as appropriate with healthcare providers and interdepartmental teams, to assess medical necessity of care of member
- Escalates prior authorization requests to Medical Directors as appropriate to determine appropriateness of care
- Assists with service authorization requests for a member’s transfer or discharge plans to ensure a timely discharge between levels of care and facilities
- Collects, documents, and maintains all member’s clinical information in health management systems to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Assists with providing education to providers and/or interdepartmental teams on utilization processes to promote high quality and cost-effective medical care to members
- Provides feedback on opportunities to improve the authorization review process for members
*Must reside in Oklahoma*
Education/Experience: Requires a Bachelor's degree or graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing and 2 – 4 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
Clinical knowledge and ability to analyze authorization requests and determine medical necessity of service preferred.
Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations preferred.
Knowledge of utilization management processes preferred.
For Oklahoma Complete Health only:
- LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse - State Licensure required or
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure required.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.