You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as an Intern at Centene. During this 12-week program, you'll learn more about Centene and how we're transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
Position Purpose: The Centene Pharmacy Services Internal Communications Intern will provide tactical support to the Internal Communications team and provides an excellent opportunity to contribute to and assist with the various aspects of internal communications, branding and organizational culture. The intern will gain experience as a part of the team to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to internal programming and events.
- Assist in planning and writing compelling team member communications across a variety of channels
- Update intranet with current company events and activities, relevant business updates, and department information using SharePoint
- Design program one pagers, graphics and other internal communications material
- Maintain editorial and event calendars and dashboards
- Collaborate on new ideas, directions, and tools for internal communications
- Assist in the documentation of internal processes and templates
- Conduct research on metrics and best practices for internal communications
- Assist in creating a catalog of past communication resources, graphics and templates
- Participate in the business unit’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Engagement Councils
- Must be able to work well independently, and within a team, in a remote environment
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the basic principles of internal communications, public relations and/or marketing
- Flexibility, hustle, and grit – a desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, especially as a part of a tiny but mighty team
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office products, Canva, Zoom, Staffbase, Qualtrics, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of website content management and graphic design a plus
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling internal communication materials to support CPS programming
- Highly organized with judicious time and project management skills
- Able to set and manage priorities and adapt quickly and creatively to manage competing demands in a detailed environment
- Expert at completing administrative tasks efficiently and with an eye for detail
Experience/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Completed or enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university or college, preferably in Business, Communications, or a related field. Big plus if you have a portfolio to share with the hiring team.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.