You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
- Works with monitoring tools to ensure capacity and availability needs are met; leverages the analysis from these tools to make accurate judgments on capacity requirements and makes appropriate recommendations
- Monitors IT availability levels, compares actual levels against targets, and addresses shortfalls
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques in order to provide data-driven recommendations
- Reviews and submits weekly, monthly & ad-hoc reporting on capacity and availability related incidents
- Addresses performance-related issues from the standpoint of capacity and availability
- Assesses the availability impact of new change requests
- Ensures the successful, and timely resolution or initiation of resolution to detected capacity and availability issues, including notification and prioritization of high impact issues
- Ensures the capacity & availability plan for continuous improvements in capacity, availability, and performance management processes
- Acts as a technical resource for peers with less experience
- Leads small projects with low levels of risk and resource requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
Requires 4 – 6 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
- One or more of the following skills are desired.
- Experience with Other: ITIL capacity and availability management; capacity and availability monitoring with knowledge in diagnosing problems to improve the availability of IT services; performing analysis, reporting and presentation of capacity/availability related information to be used by end-users and technical groups
- Experience with Other: Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations
- Intermediate - Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Intermediate - Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate - Ability to work independently
- Intermediate - Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate - Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate - Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Intermediate - Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.