You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
This position will be responsible for cross-market cross-functional actuarial support for all Centene Medicaid markets inclusive of assessing and communicating results for RFPs and new business opportunities. The position requires creative actuarial capabilities, strong interest in Medicaid market dynamics, good communication and interpersonal skills, and organizational talents.
In this Senior Actuary role, you will:
- Conduct analysis, pricing, and risk assessment to estimate financial outcomes.
- Provide expertise and technical support in matters related to the successful and financially sound operations of the company’s health plan businesses for Medicaid managed care products.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, principles of finance and business to calculate financial outcomes.
- Support negotiation of capitation or premium rates with State or Federal agencies.
- Review health plan experience and identify trends.
- Work with other teams to ensure soundness of bid/projection assumptions.
- Work with other teams to assess impact of program/policy changes.
- Analyze new business opportunities.
- Participate in merger and acquisition analyses.
- Present results to management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
- 7+ years of actuarial experience and Associate in Society of Actuaries (ASA) certification or 5+ years of actuarial experience and Fellow in Society of Actuaries (FSA) certification.
License/Certification: Fellow or Associate in Society of Actuaries (or equivalent international certification); Member of American Academy of Actuaries (or equivalent international membership).
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.