You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting process for the entire Health Plan, including the review/analysis of detailed business unit budgets and the comparison to actual financial results.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. 7+ years of finance, accounting or budgeting experience. Experience in healthcare industry and/or public accounting preferred. Fundamental understanding of financial planning systems along with advanced Excel/spreadsheet modeling a plus.
- Manage the budget process for the entire Health Plans or Specialty Companies, including the design of reporting templates and review of business unit inputs.
- Identify issues that need to be addressed by management or other stakeholders throughout the planning process
- Act as a budgeting software resource and provide support to Finance and business unit leaders
- Review business unit and consolidated segment financial results and compare to budget
- Disseminate relevant financial information to business unit leaders for effective decision making.
- Develop forecast models and present to finance leads and management.
- Perform variance analysis of account activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ years of finance, accounting or budgeting experience.
- Experience in healthcare industry and/or public accounting preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of financial planning systems along with advanced Excel/spreadsheet modeling a plus.
License/Certificates: CPA preferred.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.