You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: Complete data analytics procedures in support of audit programs, reports results, and validates that action plans are implemented. Assist in the performance of detailed review of data analysis procedures, reports of results, and supporting transactions.
- Assists in developing the data analytic tests for assigned internal audit projects.
- Interviews and obtains audit evidence from business owners to support audit work and DA projects.
- Performs independent reviews with the use of data analysis procedures on populations of transactions to validate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes, internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Independently completes analysis, documentation, and reporting in a timely manner and in accordance with Audit Methodology and professional standards.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective action plans that address audit report findings, and tracks the status of all assigned action plans to completion.
- Communicates and coordinates with external auditors.
- Assists Internal Audit management in preparing the annual risk assessment and audit plan.
- Provides updates to Internal Audit management regarding the status of assigned audits and data analytics projects, including summarizing efficiencies gained through automation.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Data Science or related field. 2+ years of public accounting, internal audit, or related operational auditing or business experience. Preferred: 2+ years of experience in Data analytics, data science or internal audit with data analytics. IT, Medicare or health care industry experience also preferred.
License/Certification: CPA, CIA and/or CISA preferred.
Preferred: Other Data Sciences or certification in automation systems (Excel, Alteryx, Power BI, UiPath, etc.)
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.