You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
*This position requires the individual to reside in NY state*
Position Purpose: Accountable for aligning people strategy with business strategy. Drive the talent agenda, partnering closely with Centers of Expertise (COEs), HR Operations and business unit leaders to effectively and efficiently deliver a full spectrum of strategic and tactical programs to support business and people objectives. (Aligned with leader(s) of a small to medium to large size market or moderate to high complex client group)
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding of the business, including key functions/processes and a passion to build business insight
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leadership in all matters related to talent development, organizational performance, engagement and culture, leadership, and strategic planning
- Manage large projects or processes with significant impact on department results. May manage large processes that span outside of immediate job area, with limited oversight
- Provide strategic insight into people data, guiding business leaders through workforce planning and effective people strategies, supporting strategic business objectives
- Proactively resolve complex business concerns, focused on root cause analysis
- Partner with Center of Excellence (COEs), delivering strategic business insight to guide development of programs to support the people strategy
- Deliver key programs in the business to support talent assessment, talent development, and enhancing leadership capabilities
- Drive and/or oversee cross functional projects
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and drive that culture
- Coach, and influence people leaders, and senior leaders regarding policies, practices and procedures
- Act as proactive change agent, coach leaders to effectively manage change
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills: Ability to influence and coach multiple levels of employee and leadership teams
Demonstrated strategic thought leadership
Demonstrated high degree of critical thinking and decision making abilities
Succinct, precise communication skills (verbal and written), adaptable to varying audiences
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.