You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
This position can be Remote or Hybrid to the Long Island City, NY location
Position Purpose: The Senior Health Care Analyst provides analytic support for financial modeling, trend analysis, therapeutic class strategy, and initiative implementation and measurement. Develops custom reports and models used in identifying issues, trends, patterns and relationships to be applied in financial and operational decisions.
- Develops financial models to project cost or estimate savings for specific business decisions.
- Develops and manages therapeutic class cost and utilization projection models to support budget forecasting, pricing, and strategy development.
- Develops exception reporting and conducts drill down analysis to proactively identify specific opportunities and risks that warrant assessment by the Strategy Development Committee.
- Monitors projection targets. Analyzes, researches, and interprets results, variances, and trends.
- Prepares and maintains strategy documents for therapeutic classes.
- Prepares and communicates trend analysis and recommendations verbally and in writing to committees, clinical staff, management, and clients.
- Develops and manages reporting templates used to analyze and interpret data.
- Designs complex ad hoc reports to support a variety of functional areas.
- Advises Healthcare Analysts in producing reports and interpreting data.
For Fidelis Care plan only: Education/Experience Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, public health, health informatics or related field required. Master's degree preferred. Minimum five years related experience with minimum two years financial modeling experience required. Experience in Healthcare analytics of financial/clinical data, with knowledge of analytical or data mining techniques including data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis strongly preferred. Experience using advanced analytical/reporting tools such as R, Python, SAS, SQL Microstrategy, Tableau, Hadoop, or related tools strongly preferred.
Pay Range: $66,100.00 - $118,900.00 per year
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.