You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members as an Intern at Centene. During this 12-week program, you'll learn more about Centene and how we're transforming the health of the community, one person at a time.
Position Purpose: Learn about various processes and functions within the Managed Care industry and develop professionally by contributing to projects that support the business.
- Learn various job functions within the Managed Care industry and explore various career opportunities
- Apply academic knowledge and learn new skills by contributing to various projects
- Communicate project status and results to staff mentors and management
- Research various legal, regulatory, and other topics within functional area and industry
- Attend training and development presentations to enhance professional competencies
An Intern in this role can expect to:
-Support health equity and disparity evaluation through research, data analysis, evaluation, and presentation to identify health disparities and social vulnerabilities of the WellCare of NC membership
-Support population health improvement through projects that support the identification and development of initiatives to improve and advance equity in outcomes
-Engage directly with members to support identification of barriers to wellness and health outcomesExperience/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent undergraduate coursework completed. Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university or college in a field related to the hiring department through the internship period.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.