You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
- Serves in a team leadership capacity with large-scale Application Development projects / programs
- Leads the build-out or expansion of coding standards initiatives
- Reports application progress and outcomes
- Provides coaching and career development planning to junior Application Developers
- Coordinates the work of 3rd party Development teams, holds 3rd party vendors accountable to our standards, policies, and performance expectations.
- Identifies and evaluates risks and participates in mitigation and control activities
- Provides continuity with Application and Infrastructure Management operational groups during service transition
- Partners with Security and SRE teams, makes sure all security and change management policies are followed.
- Assists in the design and development of proof of concept and prototype application environments
- Manages the hiring and training of new and existing staff, conduct performance / salary reviews, and provide leadership, technical guidance and coaching to Developers executing all aspects of applications development
- Lead teams of Developers to help ensure the stable operation of application development activities
- Shares knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of application development industry, business issues and best practices; evaluate implications to IT
- Develops and communicates departmental objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results
- Holds teams accountable to meet functional, quality, and time line objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
Master's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
- One or more of the following skills are desired.
- Experience with Application Development; Applications Architecture
- Experience with Other: DevOps industry best practices
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development
- - Ability to lead/manage others
- - Collaboration and team building skills
- - Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback
- - Instills commitment to organizational goals
- - Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- - Effective conflict management skills
- - Develops and delivers effective presentations
- - Demonstrated negotiation skills
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.