You could be the one who changes everything for our 28 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
- Leads team to identify problems with systems and services and drives regular deployment of new versions of the systems and their subcomponents
- Leads projects from end-to-end that are focused on building and maintaining observability/monitoring for the application, monitoring key performance indicators, maintaining alerting, and continuously improving visibility.
- Drives decisions around periodic system validation and testing, service monitoring, and standing up new services/tools
- Uses advanced knowledge and experience to identify strategies that increase system reliability and performance through on-call rotation and process optimization
- Leads post incident reviews and documents findings for future informed decision making
- Drives implementation of approved proposals to optimize Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to boost service reliability
- Leads functional and development teams to investigate and document issues and leads internal team to develop solutions to mitigate them
- Leads root cause and problem solving initiatives
- Understand and adapt new technologies, tools, methods, and processes from Microsoft and industry
- Coaches and mentors team. Designs and implements key performance indicators
- Contributes to engineering and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results
- Trains the engineering team on new systems, protocols, and best practices
- Drive and coach others through reviews of design, code, and test cases
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
Requires 5 – 7 years of related experience.
Or equivalent experience acquired through accomplishments of applicable knowledge, duties, scope and skill reflective of the level of this position.
- One or more of the following skills are desired.
- Experience with Linux Operating System; Operating Systems; Unix Operating System; Windows Operating System
- Experience with Other: Experience with observability/monitoring tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, Elastic, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with Other: enterprise level CICD Tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Cloudbees, OpenShift
- Experience with Other: working in public cloud platforms like AWS and Azure
- Experience with Programming Tools
- Experience with Other: building and operating highly scaled applications
- Experience with MongoDB; MySQL; Oracle Database Management System (DBMS); PL SQL; SQL (Programming Language)
- Experience with Other: varying code repositories, auto deployments, branching with tools such as Gitlab, Bitbucket, Subversion
- Experience with Other: IT service management tools such as Service Now, Atlassian, BMC
- Intermediate - Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Intermediate - Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Intermediate - Ability to work independently
- Intermediate - Demonstrated analytical skills
- Intermediate - Demonstrated project management skills
- Intermediate - Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Intermediate - Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Intermediate - Ability to communicate and make recommendations to upper management
- Intermediate - Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Intermediate - Possesses technical aptitude
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.