Manager, Cultural & Linguistic ServicesWoodland Hills, California Apply Now Job ID 1130645 Additional Locations US,California;California,US,California;California,US,California;USA Category Health Insurance Operations Organization Health Net of California Schedule Full-time
The Manager of Cultural and Linguistic (C&L) Services is responsible for the oversight, planning and coordination of cultural and linguistic services and programs for all lines of business for Health Net. Responsible for language services, health literacy, cultural competency, and health equity. Educates department leads on proposed and or newly enacted legislation. Oversees the delivery of culturally and linguistically appropriate services at all plan member point of contacts. Ensures that regulatory and accreditation requirements are met.
Position Purpose: Responsible for implementing Health Net’s Cultural Competency Program, including its Cultural Competency Plan focused on Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS). This position provides collaboration with State, County, and local agencies to promote services that improve health outcomes, decrease health disparities and reduce the cost of care.
- Promotes an environment of cultural competence through identification and implementation of culturally-inclusive best practices and innovations.
- Creates and implements a comprehensive, outcomes-based Cultural Competency Plan that is aligned with CLAS standards and national and regional The plan also incorporates data-driven assessments of culturally competent performance, and defines a strategy for the continual provision, monitoring and improvement of culturally competent performance.
- Monitors and provides technical assistance regarding provider agency cultural competency plans. Monitors the provider network’s adherence to CLAS standards and requirements regarding provision of interpretation services and proficiency of interpreters.
- Serves as the internal expert on national and regional trends and developments regarding culturally competent services and as liaison to national councils and advocacy groups.
- Responsible for implementation of population specific activities including cultural treatment teams and other cultural community support system activities. Identify trends in specific populations and recommend interventions. Identifies population health disparities and creates outreach, community activities, and innovative programming to engage in services.
- Assesses cultural diversity of the provider network to identify resources and gaps, including needs analysis for non-traditional providers (traditional healers, religious and spiritual resources, natural support systems, etc.) and develops recommendations for credentialing and network development activities. Monitors and evaluates provider practices to assess and improve the cultural competence of delivered services.
- Partners with community, regional and statewide organizations and stakeholders to identify opportunities to collaborate to improve delivery of culturally competent programs and services.
- Manages the development and distribution of translated informational materials as well as translation services in accordance with the needs of the service area and according to contract requirements.
- Works closely with community stakeholders, State agencies and communities to monitor the application of all standards.
- Oversees the Cultural Diversity Advisory Committee meetings and attends other state and community planning committees.
- Oversees the delivery, evaluation, and improvement of audience-tailored orientation and training programs for staff, subcontractors, and providers.
- Oversees member notification programs concerning cultural competency in accordance with State and Federal Law.
- Manages outreach budget for Cultural Competency programs and sponsorships.
Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and oversees daily operations, programs and services statewide.
- Provides leadership and consultative services on C&L issues and projects for departments within Health Net.
- Designs policies, establishes standards and ensures implementation and compliance for Health Net to meet all regulatory, contractual and accreditation requirements.
- Serves as a representative and liaison to external partners, such as regulators, health plan associations, community groups, vendors and accrediting bodies.
- Performs management duties including, but not limited to, budgeting, performance management, staff development, coaching, training, staffing, disciplinary action, and setting goals and objectives.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Master’s or doctoral level degree in public health, social work, cultural anthropology or related field preferred. 5+ years of related experience working in a public sector behavioral health Managed Care setting. 3+ years of experience promoting culturally inclusive services. Supervisory experience and bi-lingual preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Woodland Hills location.View Map
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching