Senior Health Policy AnalystWashington, District of Columbia Apply Now Job ID 1184834 Category Health Insurance Operations Organization Centene Corporation Schedule Full-time
Position Purpose:Conducts research, performs analysis, and provides support to area leaders and business units in evaluating and establishing corporate positions on key public policy initiatives
- Compile updates on state and federal legislation and regulations impacting Centene plans and products and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Develop resources, track progress, and monitor efforts to prevent unfavorable policy initiatives. Meet with state representatives and federal lobbyists.
- Assists in developing policy papers, issue briefs, power points and talking points on public policy issues for internal and external audiences including the Centene government affairs team, key business owners and policy makers.
- Provide policy expertise on the health insurance industry, managed care,
- Medicare, Medicaid, Exchange plans, TRICARE, dual eligibles, the VA, and commercial products.
- Monitor trends in health policy and develop reporting templates to disseminate information.
- Review drafted, proposed, and final federal and state legislation, regulations, and guidance.
- Support qualitative and quantitative analyses of policies to determine the potential impact to Centene, as well as federal and state governments.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Public Health, Political Science, Healthcare Administration, or similar field or equivalent experience.
Master’s degree preferred.
4+ years of experience in public policy, health policy, policy analysis, or public health.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Washington D.C. location.View Map
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching