Service Coordinator II (El Paso)
Superior HealthPlan Texas, Girlstown USA, Texas
As a member of the Centene Medical Management/Health Services team, you’ll help innovate and execute strategies that redefine the industry standard for improving the lives and health of people. We’re a team of skilled physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers and health service experts who use our advanced clinical analytics to implement award winning programs, develop care, deliver partnerships, and work directly with our members to achieve outcomes that set us apart as industry leaders. Together, we’re transforming the health of communities, one person at a time.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Good listener
Our Medical Roles
Clinical & Nursing Opportunities at Centene
Our Clinical team is at the forefront of our purpose-driven work. Learn more about how you can help transform the health of our communities, one person at a time.
Overall Medical Management
A member of the Centene Medical Management team, we innovate and execute strategies that redefine the industry standard for improving the lives and health of people.
Concurrent Review Nurse
To ensure our members get the best quality of care, you’ll assess acute member health conditions, treatment and intervention options, and match them with providers, community and health plan resources.
Prior Authorization Nurse
You’ll ensure our members get the best quality services, assistive devices, and equipment to promote optimal health and independence in the community and help promote health and independence.
Working directly with members, interdisciplinary care team, providers and data analytics, you’ll identify member health risks and conditions and intervention and service options.
LTSS Program Specialist/Program Specialist Field Based
Working directly with our most vulnerable members, you’ll identify individual member health risks and opportunities to enhance independence, quality of life and community engagement.
You’ll use our data systems to directly assist providers, requesting services and treatments for our members.
To help support the individual needs of members and develop programs that address issues, you’ll review population health data, help design clinical programs, and develop care delivery partnerships.
Additional Locations US,Texas;El Paso
Category Clinical & Nursing
- Determine needs and eligibility of members for various services through field-based collaboration with medical, behavioral, and social support staff
- Conduct screening and risk assessment interventions per program guidelines
- Conduct in-home face to face member assessments and telephonic outreach
- Document assessments and contacts, develop and approve service plans, and ensure authorizations are completed
- Conduct follow-up contacts or in-person visits to determine if services meet member’s needs
- Assess member’s medical, safety and support service needs and coordinate the delivery of services
- Provide education related to member’s health condition and care
- Assist with modification and management of care plans under the direction of Registered Nurse in conjunction with member, medical consenter or caregiver, Department of Family and Protective Services caseworker and family, if applicable, as well as the managing physician
- Maintain case record documents and enter information in an automated system, establishing a record for each member receiving services
- Coordinate member care through collaboration with community outreach and member advocates, assigned service coordinators, and/or case managers
- Educate providers and community resources on program components and available support services
- Educate members to foster compliance with program and positively impact outcomes
- 75% travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Health Services, Behavioral Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in a managed care environment or working with people with disabilities and vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex conditions
- Other state specific requirements may apply
- LPN, LVN, LCSW or RN preferred
- Current state driver’s license
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this locationView Map
“Centene is an exciting company to work for, the pace at which we’re growing allows numerous advancement opportunities. Also, we foster an environment that supports and offers numerous leadership growth opportunities.”- Esmeralda Baig, SVP Operations, Complex Care Products
“I assisted with one of the Provider fairs in the community. Seeing how much we care for our community and our patients was very eye opening.”- Julie Boulch, Director, Business Implementation Health Plan Initiatives
Centene is consistently recognized for how well we treat our members, our people, and the communities we serve.Honored to be Honored
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“Flexibility is key. Centene is a company of change.”
Started as a Referral Specialist, now a Project Manager IVSee Ashley's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching