Senior Application Software Engineer (Front End/Back End)
Centene Corporation St Louis, Missouri, Rancho Cordova, California, Fairport, New York, Getzville, New York, Latham, New York, California
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
Our Technology Roles
Information Technology Opportunities at Centene
Centene hires the best and brightest for our IT teams across the country. We have the enthusiasm and ambition of a start-up, with all the resources of a large company.
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Additional Locations California,California,US;Rancho Cordova,California,US;Fairport,New York,US;Getzville,New York,US;Latham,New York,US
Category Information Technology
- Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
- Meet with business partners to understand business needs
- Responsible for overall design of the solution
- Design, build and test applications
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred,
- Requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
- Strong working knowledge of Java Script, OOP/OOAD, XML, HTML, ASP.Net, C#. Experience with Oracle or SQL Server. Experience with web services, messaging, and stored procedures.
- C# or Java experience and a willingness to learn Golang
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Linux experience or a willingness to learn
- Docker or containerization experience or familiarity
- Ability to work in Sprints with a technically diverse team of operations, development, and middleware.
- Passion to build and review tests, peer review deliverables and changes.
- Backlog grooming
Check out this location
See what's near our St Louis location.View Map
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, Manager, Information Technology Infrastructure
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching