IT Project Manager
Centene Corporation St Louis, Missouri
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Category Information Technology
- Manage multiple small to medium sized technical and business oriented projects for the Information Technology organization
- Establish client relationships, integrate requirement definition, plan projects, and direct resources ensuring corporate and IT project portfolio objectives are met
- Manage the project plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Coordinate day to day activities for assigned projects including project definition, organization, scheduling, budget, and staffing
- Develop, prepare and present project documentation, including project charter, project plans, status and other reporting documents in accordance with company standards
- Develop business requirements into a project charter and scope document, and manage projects through the entire project life cycle ensuring systems meet design standards and guidelines and are sensitive to performance needs of the organization
- Integrate project plans from multiple sources to create a cohesive plan with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones
- Communicate with client, management and operating groups regarding project progress, status, risks, and issues
- Partner with project sponsors and project teams to lead requirements definition.
- Evaluate client’s technical and business requirements and develop approaches and solution alternatives with the project teams and stakeholders
- Direct successful implementation of small to medium sized technology and business oriented projects or programs that may be cross-functional, involving other projects with dependencies.
- Facilitate teams’ progress toward team & product goals
- Continuously improve working processes
- Support PO & BA in managing the backlog
- Coaching agile practices, building a high-performing team
- Dependency management, removing impediments, coordinating with other teams
- Work with team to establish team rules
- Metrics tracking, reporting up and down
- Hosting/facilitating meetings and agile ceremonies
- Help prepare for other team’s PI events
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of business and/or technology related project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects involving multiple applications and departments.
- Working knowledge of various system development lifecycle methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience with development, reporting and monitoring of project costs.
- Adept at using documentation tools including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and industry standard project management tools.
- Experience suing SAFe principles and practice
- Strong communication & mentoring skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams & stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with other agile teams to manage dependencies
- Familiarity with our technology stack (depending upon team to manage)
- Experience communicating project objectives and status with high-level executives
- Problem-solving skills, desire to learn
- Experience as scrum master for full develop/release cycle for software development team & applying agile frameworks to non-software development teams
- Lean Six Sigma certified at various levels of expertise (Yellow, Green, Black or Master Black Belt) preferred.
- Project management certification in related industry preferred.
Check out this location
See what's near our St Louis location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching