Development Operations Engineer (Configuration Manager)
Interpreta San Diego, California
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Category Information Technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be passionate about automation
- Build and run production environments in cloud, Azure or AWS using infrastructure as code methods.
- Orchestrate environment development using Kubernetes
- Build and deploy CI pipeline automation to a combination of Kubernetes/Docker and VM based systems in both VMware and Cloud.
- Work closely with System Architects, Engineers, Product Managers and Systems Administrators to meet their environment setup and service automation needs.
- Develop a process to make DevOps as part of the engineering development service deployment and operations lifecycle.
- System monitoring and analytics.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- Transformation Strategy, approach and planning.
- 2+ years of solid experience working in DevOps role.
- 2+ years of SRE or DevOps experience in Nginx /Apache.
- 5 years in Linux or/and Windows systems administration and systems engineering
- 3+ Experience working in SaaS platform systems administration.
- Working experience with AWS: VPC, EC2, RDS, Cloudformation or Terraform.
- System build configuration automation using one of Chef, Ansible, Puppet.
- Mastered scripting skills in one of Ruby/Bash/Python.
- Build and release automation tools: Jenkins, GIT, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Production system integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our San Diego location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching