Case Manager RNCC
IlliniCare Health Plan Rockford, Illinois
As a member of the Centene Medical Management/Health Services team, you’ll help innovate and execute strategies that redefine the industry standard for improving the lives and health of people. We’re a team of skilled physicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers and health service experts who use our advanced clinical analytics to implement award winning programs, develop care, deliver partnerships, and work directly with our members to achieve outcomes that set us apart as industry leaders. Together, we’re transforming the health of communities, one person at a time.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Good listener
“Centene is an exciting company to work for, the pace at which we’re growing allows numerous advancement opportunities. Also, we foster an environment that supports and offers numerous leadership growth opportunities.”- Esmeralda Baig, SVP Operations, Complex Care Products
“I enjoy the people and the flexibility of my role. As an onsite nurse, I have the pleasure of working with my team at Centene as well as the wonderful team at my onsite hospital.”- Njeri Young, RN, Concurrent Review Nurse
“I assisted with one of the Provider fairs in the community. Seeing how much we care for our community and our patients was very eye opening.”- Julie Boulch, Senior Manager of Medical Management Operations
Category Clinical & Nursing
- Develop, assess and adjust, as necessary, the care plan and promote desired outcome
- Assess the member's current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long term goals, treatment and provider options
- Coordinate services between Primary Care Physician (PCP), specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio economic needs of clients
- Develop plan of care based upon assessment with specific objectives, goals and interventions designed to meet member's needs
- Provide patient and provider education
- Facilitate member access to community based services
- Monitor referrals made to community based organizations, medical care and other services to support the members’ overall care management plan
- Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
- Identify related risk management quality concerns and report these scenarios to the appropriate resources
- Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into various medical management systems
- For LTSS - 30% travel to perform home visits to members
- For New Hampshire, Massachusetts, & Michigan Complete Health - home visits required
Education/Experience: Graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred. 2+ years of clinical nursing experience in a clinical, acute care, or community setting. Knowledge of healthcare and managed care preferred.
Check out this location
See what's near our Rockford location.View Map
Our Medical Roles
Overall Medical Management
A member of the Centene Medical Management team, we innovate and execute strategies that redefine the industry standard for improving the lives and health of people.
Concurrent Review Nurse
To ensure our members get the best quality of care, you’ll assess acute member health conditions, treatment and intervention options, and match them with providers, community and health plan resources.
Prior Authorization Nurse
You’ll ensure our members get the best quality services, assistive devices, and equipment to promote optimal health and independence in the community and help promote health and independence.
Working directly with members, interdisciplinary care team, providers and data analytics, you’ll identify member health risks and conditions and intervention and service options.
LTSS Program Specialist/Program Specialist Field Based
Working directly with our most vulnerable members, you’ll identify individual member health risks and opportunities to enhance independence, quality of life and community engagement.
You’ll use our data systems to directly assist providers, requesting services and treatments for our members.
To help support the individual needs of members and develop programs that address issues, you’ll review population health data, help design clinical programs, and develop care delivery partnerships.
Centene is consistently recognized for how well we treat our members, our people, and the communities we serve.Honored to be Honored
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“Flexibility is key. Centene is a company of change.”
Started as a Referral Specialist, now a Project Manager IVSee Ashley's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching