System Engineer (Security - Splunk)
Centene Corporation Rancho Cordova, California
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
Our Technology Roles
Information Technology Opportunities at Centene
Centene hires the best and brightest for our IT teams across the country. We have the enthusiasm and ambition of a start-up, with all the resources of a large company.
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Category Information Technology
- Provide operational and technical support to ensure the ongoing stability to the server environments. Contribute to the IT infrastructure design and leading in server implementations.
- Contribute in the technical support of the Centene server environment and the applications residing on these servers
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Responsible for schedule, test, and implement enhancements or new releases of the server Operating Systems
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to solve complex issues
- Work with senior/lead system engineers to understand and implement IT infrastructure designs and rollouts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Securing Windows, Linux, and Mac environments in production environments
- Management/Configuration of security tools such as SPLUNK Core and SPLUNK Enterprise Security, firewalls, web proxy servers, vulnerability scanners, DLP, malware scanners, disk encryption, SIEM, etc.
- System hardening (application securing, CIS benchmarks, RBAC, or similar)
- Strong familiarity with standard ITSM processes.
- Work experience with SPLUNK and Tanium.
- Strong familiarity or experience with the administration, securing, hardening, patching or maintenance of one or more server, network, or application platforms such as Windows, Unix, Linux, Cisco, Juniper, Apache, IIS, various Middleware platforms, secure software development environments, cloud platforms or other relevant technology areas
- Knowledge of security controls frameworks such as NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001, or CIS Critical Security Controls
- Experience working with SOC and Incident Response teams
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of system communication / networking protocols, TCP/IP, VLANs, VPNs, and general routing / switching
- Understanding of the OSI model
Experience working with Splunk application, both administration and searching/dashboarding development.
Experience with installing and configuring Splunk CORE and Enterprise Security.
Experience with configuring and/or working with SPLUNK search head/index clusters
Experience with creating custom applications within Splunk.
Experience with creating SPLUNK Dashboards, Reports, Alerts
Experience with building complex SPLUNK searches and utilizing lookup tables and inputlookups from KVStores.
Experience with indexing data from multiple types of systems with and without universal forwarders.
Experience with writing scripts to collect data that cannot use the universal forwarder.
Experience with writing complex regular expression to extract fields for data that is structured and unstructured.
Experience with extracting fields, multivalue fields, tags, field aliases, etc.
Experience with installing/configuring Splunk add-on applications from Splunkbase.
License/Certification: Systems Security or Administration certifications a plus.
This position will be supporting a Federal government contract, therefore it requires U. S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense form SF86 or higher security.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Rancho Cordova location.View Map
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, Manager, Information Technology Infrastructure
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching