Information Technology Support Specialist (Remote Deskside Services)
Centene Corporation New York, New York
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
Our Technology Roles
Information Technology Opportunities at Centene
Centene hires the best and brightest for our IT teams across the country. We have the enthusiasm and ambition of a start-up, with all the resources of a large company.
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Category Information Technology
- Provide first-level remote support of customers’ software and minor operating system modification requests.
- Investigate, research, and resolve moderately complex issues
- Respond to requests and document tickets in Service Now following Centene’s policy and procedures
- Perform software installations, upgrades, and configure customer-specific software
- Review team’s current processes and recommend process improvements
- Document installation guides and workflow processes.
- Collaborate with Information Technology teams to update workflow processes impacting multiple teams
- Train users and communicate policies and standards to improve software performance and customer service
- Act as a technical resource for Information Technology support coordinators
Serve as contact in providing remote customer service and moderately complex technical support to internal partners and vendors.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of technical support experience.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, SCCM, Altaris, SMS,Citrix, Airwatch and ServiceNow experience a plus.
- Inventory Management experience is preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our New York location.View Map
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, Manager, Information Technology Infrastructure
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching