Military Family Life CounselorFort Irwin, California Apply Now Job ID 009F5 Category Health Insurance Operations Organization Federal Services Schedule Full-time
Position Purpose: The Counselor is a licensed mental health professional who exercises discretion and independent judgment to provide appropriate information, coaching, training, and education to Service Members and their families.
The Counselor provides face to face direct, non-medical, brief, solution-focused counseling services to individuals, couples, families and groups for situations resulting from commonly occurring life circumstances such as parenting, relationship conflicts, stress, personal loss, and deployments and reunions.
• Partners with and augments activities of Service Family Centers, Guard and Reserve programs (including Inter-Service Family Assistance Committees), unit family support staff officers, and other programs and services to build coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve families.
• Identifies family needs and provides a “get-well” plan in compliance with non-medical counseling scope.
• Provides face to face non-medical problem solving counseling to families when other resources are not available and makes appropriate referrals and warm transfers to military and community resources according to the needs of families and service members, including the following activities:
• Consults with military commands and installation service providers as requested.
• Develops and/or uses approved training and education programs and materials and advises on requests for new or revised presentations by military leadership.
• Provides client tracking of services performed and referrals made using appropriate reporting system.
• May assist with SPA counselor interviewing process.
• May advise on curriculum development for delivery of service and in response to new presentation requests from military leadership.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: Master’s Degree in clinically relevant field from accredited university required. Demonstrated counseling competence required.Two years post-license experience working with individuals and families in the areas of relationships, behavior management, coping skills, parenting skills/education, child development, separation, stress management, single parenting, step-parenting, family separation, reunion and reintegration, assessments and referrals preferred. 18 months direct MFLC experience preferred.A direct association with the military is preferred but not required.
Security/Clearance/CitizenshipRequirements: Requires US citizenship and current security clearance.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Fort Irwin location.View Map
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching