Vice President, Enterprise Analytics
Centene Corporation Clayton, Missouri, Colonel P Schulstad United States Army Reserve Center, Illinois
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Additional Locations US,Illinois;Illinois,US,Kansas;Kansas,US,Texas;Texas
Category Data Analytics
Primary Purpose: Provides leadership for Centene’s healthcare economics and analytics function to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of analytic capabilities to position Centene as an industry. Provides organizational leadership of health care analytics including but not limited to: medical cost management, financial analytics, network analytics, care management, clinical program, quality, data design, impact of health care interventions and information distribution.
- Formulate and align Analytic capability to broad corporate and specific business unit (both Market and Product) strategies
- Lead the development of analytic capability, within the enterprise to enable better client solutions through better use of data
- Achieve executive buy-in for short and long term Business Intelligence, Analytics strategy and roadmaps in support RSVPs, Product leaders and EVPs
- Provide expert advice, analytics and consultative support on cost of care issues.
- Identifies and drives action for continuous improvement and cost efficiency
- Work collaboratively with financial, medical management and operational leaders to develop enterprise strategies to identify and prioritize data analytics service’s needs
- Mentor and encourage BI personnel to collaborate, aspire to and deliver best-in-class services in a professional and customer-focused manner
- Identify and prioritize analytical gaps between the current-state and industry best practices; propose and implement quick-wins to demonstrate competency and generate immediate business value
- Employ advanced tools and techniques (data science, probability, statistics and/or applied mathematics) to deliver innovative thinking and best-in-class solutions
- Possess the ability explain highly technical concepts and complicated issues to a non-technical, executive-level audience, conveying challenges and resolutions
- Continuously take a forward-looking view by researching, validating and proposing new and industry best-practice technical and functional solutions
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives
- Assist Enterprise Analytics department leader both strategically and tactically to accomplish department goal
- Resolve conflicts in an open and direct manner
- Build Trust with direct reports, peers and supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Informatics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Public Health, or Economics. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of data analysis, statistics or related experience
- Experience using Analytics to drive ROI in the Healthcare Payor space, i.e.
- Previous management experience including responsibilities for hiring, training, assigning work and managing performance of staff.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to influence and present to Senior leadership.
- Equally versed in the language of operations research and statistics (or other analytics approaches) as you are in an income statement, balance sheet or accounting principles
- Teacher - you've mentored the senior leaders, mentored your peer functions and mentored your teams
- Pragmatic – You aren't interested in staying in the back-office or the ivory tower and writing academic papers. You get their hands dirty with real-world problems and you love this part of the job
- Your humility is inversely proportional to your intellect - you do not intimidate the organization with your brilliance, but use it to bring the organization together\
- You possess a knack for being able to look around the corners and are a true change-agent for the organization - you've been an instrumental part of the transformation process and took this part of the role seriously. In other words, you were strategic and innovative and can prove it with real examples
Check out this location
See what's near our Clayton location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching