Centene Corporation Clayton, Missouri
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
Our Technology Roles
Information Technology Opportunities at Centene
Centene hires the best and brightest for our IT teams across the country. We have the enthusiasm and ambition of a start-up, with all the resources of a large company.
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Category Information Technology
Position Purpose: Thrive as a UX Designer—challenged with defining and aligning a coherent, engaging multi-channel consumer experience delivered through both traditional graphical and conversational UI—including research, testing and development in an Agile environment.
- Define the overall UX and UI for digital products delivered through web, mobile, chat and voice
- Lead brainstorming/ideation sessions
- Gather, evaluate, and define user workflows and requirements.
- Develop product prototypes involving wireframes, storyboards, site maps and screen flows based on user requirements and expectations.
- Center designs around the consumer and product strategy: identifying who will use the product, what they will use it for, and what value they will gain
- Create highly effective, elegant and intuitive designs
- Balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities and limitations
- Present design concepts, including mockups and prototypes, to internal and external stakeholders to obtain user feedback and make design modifications as appropriate.
- Oversee the transformation of business requirements into meaningful UX/UI specifications
- Contribute in UX/UI deliverables, efficiently and effectively, into the agile process
Ensure creation of accessible products using the 508 and WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Effectively work with external vendors and partners
- Capable of presenting effectively in person or remotely
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Visual Design, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of computer science, design or related experience.
- Adept at Design Thinking methodology
- Experience designing for complex interactive applications preferred
- Experience in working with conversational UX preferred
- Experience in the healthcare industry with digital health experience a plus
- Working knowledge of using HTML, CSS and Material Design preferred
- Proficient in Agile development
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing market and environment
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Clayton location.View Map
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, Manager, Information Technology Infrastructure
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching