Supervisor, IT Support (Service Desk)
Centene Corporation Clayton, Missouri
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Category Information Technology
- Supervise department staff including hiring, performance management and career development to ensure alignment with defined goals
- Plan and operate the daily activities of a team focused on a particular system or technology
- Liaison with managers in IT and other functions, applying standard solutions and processes
- Apply specific technical expertise in depth to address technical and business issues
Develop staff skills and competencies through training and experience
- Ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance
- Ensure team is courteous, timely and giving effective end user resolutions for issues
- Manage team schedules ensuring adequate shift coverage
- Suggest improvements to process, and is a knowledge resource for other team members.
- Communicate on a daily basis to staff when messages are received from other departments/teams (issues, upcoming events, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks and that standards and processes are followed to provide effective customer service.
- Following adherence policies for staff and recording properly
- Monitor on a daily basis communication from our customers and address appropriately as needed
- Participate in departmental meetings
- Be open to change and participate in new implementations to Centene.
- Meet bi-weekly with teams
- Conduct 1-1 with each staff member monthly
- Represent the Service Desk on needed projects (when assigned)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of related IT experience.
- Previous experience as a lead in a functional area or managing cross functional teams on large scale projects.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Clayton location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching