Senior System Engineer (Citrix)
Centene Corporation Chesterfield, Missouri
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Category Information Technology
Position Purpose: Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications
- Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications
- Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the server environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
- Responsible for maintenance of the operating systems on all Corporate servers, end user support, monitoring system usage and performance, patching, management of backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, process automation, server installation/configuration, and third-party application support including installations and configurations
- Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs
- Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the server environment and incorporate the changes into the system architecture, as needed
- Coordinate, test, and implement all enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems and business critical software
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- System administration experience on Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Advanced skill level with Citrix and most Operating System commands/utilities.
- Advanced understanding of clustering concepts, backup solutions, patching, system security standards, and virtualization technologies.
Check out this location
See what's near our Chesterfield location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching