Senior Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
Centene Corporation Chesterfield, Missouri
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, IT Architect
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Additional Locations US,New York;Getzville,US,California;Rancho Cordova
Category Information Technology
- ***New Hires located in Buffalo, NY or Rancho Cordova, CA would require up to 50% travel to St. Louis, MO***
- Design and deliver cloud based services to improve the agility, reliability, scalability and security of Centene's enterprise IT
- Identify recurring problems and build the tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring
- Work with distributed teams to ensure that components are properly instrumented to be reliably used, monitored, and debugged in the service
- Act as a consultant with application partners for engagements around resiliency and scale.
- Responsible for ensuring high service level availability of core services including periodic on-call duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Systems fluency (Windows, Linux, storage, networking)
- Observability systems (Prometheus/Graffana, ELK, CloudWatch)
- Infrastructure and configuration automation (Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation)
- Experience with a programming language such as Python, Golang, Ruby or NodeJS
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated testing
- Familiarity working inside of a container ecosystem.
- Familiarity with core AWS services such as EC2, ELB, S3, RDS, DynamoDB and VPC
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum and DevOps methodologies.
Check out this location
See what's near our Chesterfield location.View Map
Our Technology Roles
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching