Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Centene Corporation Charlotte, North Carolina
As we work to improve health outcomes around the world, technology will play a key role. That’s why we’ve made major investments in cutting-edge technology – and in people like you. Here, you’ll work in a fast-paced industry with lots of room for growth and innovation. This is a technology operation few can match in scope and none can match in impact. If you’re ready to develop and deliver solutions that can help millions of people, join Centene.
What does it take?
What are the qualities that will help you achieve success in this role at Centene?
- Team player
- Digitally Savvy
Our Technology Roles
Information Technology Opportunities at Centene
Centene hires the best and brightest for our IT teams across the country. We have the enthusiasm and ambition of a start-up, with all the resources of a large company.
You’ll provide leadership, direction and strategic plans for project implementations while developing and managing large scale IT infrastructure operations.
Application Software Engineer
While creating and managing websites, applications and systems, you’ll install programs and design, build, and maintain custom-built technology solutions.
You’ll develop and implement processes for information management, while maintaining digital networks, providing technical assistance in resolving network issues, and modifying networks.
Using a variety of skills like SQL, Excel, Microstrategy, and SAS/R, you'll analyze, interpret, and apply data from multiple sources that contribute to business development.
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll act as a liaison between stakeholders and the IT organization to support Centene’s systems and lead our healthcare transformation.
Additional Locations US,New York;Latham,US,New York;Getzville,US,New York;Fairport,US,California;Rancho Cordova,US,California;California
Category Information Technology
This role will be working on SRE hardening surrounding our three primary platforms that this team supports. This includes MongoDB, Apache Kafka (Confluent), and CentEvent (Centene’s Enterprise Eventing Framework). Additionally, this position will support a new initiative for a new team being created called DIMS (Data Integration Managed Services).
This role will require hands on experience interacting and integrating with ‘version control systems’ such as Git, Bitbucket, Mercurial, Azure Repo, etc. A Qualified candidate must have experience building and testing deployment pipelines through ‘continuous integration tools’ (CI/CD) such as CloudBees Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, CircleCI, etc. Must be familiar with ‘build tools’ such as Ant, Maven, Gradle, MS Build, etc. Candidate must have experience leveraging and developing against a variety of ‘database management tools’ such as MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, etc. Position requires direct use of implementing ‘artifact management tools’ such as NPM, Nexus, JFrog Artifactory, etc. Candidate must have experience with ‘Cloud Services’ and deploying infrastructure in cloud infrastructures such as AWS, Azure, OpenShift, GCP, Cloud Foundry, etc. Position requires development experience surrounding ‘configuration management’ such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc. Additionally, knowledge of leveraging ‘containerization and orchestration tools’ such as Kubernetes, Docker, Nomad, etc. is required. Candidate should be familiar with leveraging ‘monitoring tools’ such as Prometheus, Grafana, Logstash, Nagios, etc. Candidate is also required to have experience with ‘testing tools’ such as Selenium, SonarQube, Katalon, etc.
- Leverage various technologies to improve feedback and delivery by deploying containerized systems and services in support of operational efficiencies, and work with teams to build self-supported, sustainable operational ecosystems.
- Coordinate and assist teams in building competencies with infrastructure using object oriented programming and configuration management domain specific language.
- Build platforms that teams can leverage to accelerate innovation in the areas of reliability, scalability and velocity.
- Design and maintain software development and software operation toolchains.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, operations and application support teams to adopt new approaches to their work as well as analyzing system performance and reliability, and making necessary recommendations.
- Write code to automate processes that meets customer needs.
- Responsible for building innovation in the areas of distributed system flow and resilience, and continuous feedback and delivery. Creating efficiency and cultural transformation through the curation of new systems and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Experience with software engineering, enterprise operations support, object oriented programming, automation, consulting with internal customers, cloud based enterprise-grade cloud systems management and full stack engineering.
- Ability to quickly learn technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Nginx, HAProxy, Elasticsearch, MariaDB, GoLang and Python.
- Java – 4+ Years development
- Apache Kafka – (2+ years)
- K-Streams (Confluent – Java Library)
- AWS experience (2+ years)
- Ansible Experience (2+ years)
Check out this location
See what's near our Charlotte location.View Map
“If challenge, innovation, working with new technologies, and career growth are what you’re looking for, this is the right place for you.”- Nasr Khan, Manager, Information Technology Infrastructure
“I feel satisfied knowing that our data checks create a smoother process for our members. I also appreciate the various charity programs offered through our company to help the community such as the March of Dimes fundraiser.”- Richard DeMore, Data Analyst II, Enrollment
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
“This is the right place for you.”
Started as a Sr. Software Engineer, now he’s an IT Architect.See Nasr's career path
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching