Director, User ExperienceArlington, Virginia Apply Now Job ID 1164227 Category Health Insurance Operations Organization Centene Corporation Schedule Full-time
Position Purpose: Partner with leadership to execute product vision and strategy. Champion the end-user perspective, providing constructive feedback and direction during product design and development. Set a high bar for user experience and strengthen a learning mindset within the team.
Responsible for the development of the overall user experience for various consumer-facing software products, applications and platforms. Works in an integrated, Agile product development environment and partners with company stakeholders including the customer experience, product, marketing and market research functions to align with broader product strategy.
- Define the overall UX and UI for products and services
- Lead brainstorming ideation based on Design Thinking
- Lead, manage and mentor 5+ UX designers in developing the overall UX for various software applications and products
- Lead and mentor a team of designers. Focus on the craft, elevating team’s skills.
- Create an environment that’s collaborative and allows the to continuously push and grow their skills.
- Oversee the transformation of business requirements into meaningful UX/UI specifications
Promote the value of design, and help other teams engage.
Collaboratively build resources that elevate the value of design and its impact on business.
Build cross-functional relationships and enable teams to participate in the design process.
Create highly effective, elegant and intuitive designs; balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities and limitations
- Develop usability testing and user research
- Create an efficient and effective strategy including UX/UI into the agile process
- Direct the creation of accessible products using the 508 and WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Center designs around the consumer and product strategy: identify the product’s consumer and the product’s use and value
- Effectively work with external vendors and partners
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience Design or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in software development, product development, or application development.
- 3+ years of experience managing 5 or more researchers/designers across multiple tracks of work preferred
- Strong outcomes and learning driven mindset
- Demonstrable experience designing high-quality digital products with significant business and technical complexity
- Track record of mentoring UX team in a broad range of design skills and processes
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and Material Design preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry with digital health experience a plus
- Proficient in Agile development
- Thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing market and environment
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Check out this location
See what's near our Arlington location.View Map
Our Hiring Process
Learn more about our hiring process and discover other helpful information for applicants.Learn More
Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn Profile.Start Matching